Cortisol, a hormone produced by the adrenal glands, affects a variety of key biological functions, including the stress response, metabolism, immune function, the body's fight-or-flight response, and more. Prolonged cortisol spikes, often triggered by chronic stress, poses no small risk to overall health, especially over the long-term. As stress has become part and parcel of modern life in developed countries like Australia, the demand for novel and natural solutions has become higher than ever. An option that is becoming increasingly popular is Tongkat Ali, or Eurycoma longifolia, an herb native to Malaysia. Its potent adaptogenic qualities have the potential to effectively improve mood, reduce stress, as well as help manage high cortisol levels.
This article will explore the benefits of modern clinically proven standardized hot-water Tongkat Ali root extract, how it can help manage cortisol levels, reduce stress, and benefit the health of Australians.
- WHAT'S THE PROOF? -
Clinical studies on Tongkat Ali supplementation show a clear reduction in cortisol levels for both moderately stressed and non-stressed subjects. The first one-month study on moderately stressed subjects demonstrated a reduction of cortisol by 16% after just 30 days of taking Tongkat Ali. Another longer clinical trial, spanning three months, showed that non-stressed subjects using Tongkat Ali experienced a 11% reduction in cortisol levels.
These findings strongly suggest that standardized hot-water Tongkat Ali root extract possesses properties that can help regulate both stress and cortisol levels across various conditions.
[ Source: The effect of Eurycoma longifolia standardized aqueous root extract Physta® on testosterone levels and quality of life in ageing male subjects (2021) ]
- BENEFITS -
A natural supplement that can effectively help reduce stress levels and control high cortisol levels can have immense value for everyday Australians. Here are 9 potential benefits of using Tongkat Ali’s potent adaptogenic properties:
1. Weight Management: Elevated cortisol increases appetite for high-calorie foods and can result in stress eating. Tongkat Ali's thermogenic properties help the body better burn fat, evidenced by a study showing BMI reduction in obese adults after 112 days. Combined with its cortisol reducing properties, it can help with healthy weight loss by inhibiting stress eating and helping the body more effectively burn fat.
Related Article: Tongkat Ali Effects on Weight Loss, Fat Burn, Metabolism & Calories
2. Heart Health: High cortisol levels contribute to hypertension, which can negatively impact heart health. Tongkat Ali's cortisol-lowering properties can help support better heart health by helping the body manage high blood pressure.
3. Sleep Quality: Elevated cortisol disrupts sleep and reduces sleep quality. Tongkat Ali can help promote better sleep quality by increasing REM and Non-REM duration, resulting in more restful sleep. Its ability to reduce cortisol levels can also benefit the body’s natural sleep-wake cycle, leading to better overall sleep quality.
Related Article: How Tongkat Ali Improves Sleep Quality
4. Skin Health: High cortisol is linked to skin issues like acne, eczema, and psoriasis. Tongkat Ali supplementation may improve skin health by lowering cortisol, particularly for peri-menopausal and menopausal women.
5. Cognitive Function: Chronic stress and high cortisol levels impairs cognitive function and can cause issues like impaired memory and lack of focus. Tongkat Ali, paired with vitamins, can enhance mental clarity and concentration by lowering cortisol and balancing neurotransmitters like dopamine.
6. Healthy Aging: Chronic stress and high cortisol accelerate the aging process. Tongkat Ali's impact on optimal cortisol levels may contribute to improved longevity and a better quality of life as individuals age. It is also a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, which can shield the body from cellular damage and inflammation as a result of aging.
7. Bone Health: High cortisol levels reduce bone density and increases the risk of osteoporosis. Tongkat Ali's anti-osteoporotic potential supports stronger bone formation and lowers fracture risk via increased testosterone levels and reduced cortisol levels.
Related Article: Review of Tongkat Ali on Osteoporosis
8. Stress Reduction: Chronic stress elevates cortisol levels, which can affect mental health via increased anxiety, tension, or depression. Tongkat Ali lowers cortisol by up to 16%, mitigating psychological effects for improved well-being.
Related Article: Tongkat Ali Effects on Mood & Stress|
9. Immune Support: Long-term exposure to high levels of cortisol can suppress the immune system. Tongkat Ali supplementation helps reduces cortisol levels and boosts immunity. A clinical study demonstrated bolstered numbers of total, naïve, and CD4(+) T cells, which can help the body better fend off infections.
Related Article: Tongkat Ali Effects on the Immune System
- FOR BEST RESULTS -
According to clinical data and feedback from real world use, Tongkat Ali supplementation works optimally when combined with stress management techniques like mindfulness meditation, deep breathing exercises, regular physical activity, maintaining a healthy sleep schedule, and maintaining good social connections. Together, these strategies plus Tongkat Ali supplementation form a holistic and effective approach to tackle stress and promote overall well-being.
Related Article: When To Use Tongkat Ali For Best Results
While a certain amount of cortisol is necessary for the body's proper functioning, the pressures of modern life can often lead to unhealthy elevations in cortisol levels. Tongkat Ali provides a natural solution to effectively manage these undesirably high cortisol levels, enabling the body to adapt more efficiently to the challenges of daily stress. Clinically tested options like standardized hot-water Tongkat Ali root extract presents a modern, safe, and proven approach, offering substantial evidence that Australians dealing with chronic stress can find relief through its use.
If you are interested in experiencing the how standardized hot-water root extract can help manage cortisol levels, try our dose-optimized capsules, available anywhere in Australia.
LEARN MORE OR CONTACT US:
Learn more about the best Tongkat Ali in Australia here, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or concerns.
If you would like more detailed information, check out this handy and detailed general Tongkat Ali FAQ here.